Job Posting – Jr Ag Banker
Job Title: Jr. Agricultural Banker
Location: St. Peter
Posting Date: April 5, 2019
This position will work with the Ag Banking team to create and maintain strong customer relationships; develop new business from current and prospective customers; underwrite, structure, and close agricultural loans by employing safe and sound lending practices; maintaining low levels of delinquent, non-performing, and charged off loans.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the Bank’s loan policy and make sound credit decisions
- Manage loan files in an effective manner
- Produce quality credit presentations
- Prepare for loan committee meetings and offer positive contributions to the meetings
- Develop relationships with customers that maximize the bank’s profitability through loan originations, fee income and selling of the bank’s products.
- Negotiate terms and structure loan financing based on risk considerations and present credits for approval to the appropriate levels of authority as required.
- Initiate business development activities by making calls to existing and prospective customers.
- Analyze the borrower’s financial condition and assess adequacy of cash flow
- Additional tasks as assigned by manager
- Minimum: Bachelor’s Degree in Ag Business, Finance, or AAS Degree in Ag Business.
- One to three years experience with Ag Business or Banking Experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Customer service oriented with strong written and oral communication.
- Strong underwriting skills
- Ability to follow through and complete tasks efficiently
- Computer skills necessary to operate software programs used within the department.
- Problem solving and analytical skills to resolve issues in the department or for customers
First National Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.