Job Posting – Bank Operations/Bookkeeper
Job Title: Bank Operations/Bookkeeper
Department:St. Peter branch
This position supports the financial management and operations of the bank.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Process ACH/Electronic transactions, wire transfers, overdrafts, stop payments, non-sufficient fund items, check/electronic returns, check adjustments, and account closings due to charge-off and document/report accordingly.
- Balance and reconcile internal bank accounts and ATMs according to procedures, including routine month end tasks.
- Process accounts payable and safekeeping payments and assist with filing of regulatory reports, audits and exam requests, sales and use tax reporting, and preparation of financial reports for Management and Board meetings.
- Perform routine internal processes which include posting entries and various computer inputs to a variety of systems and reports.
- Provide courteous and professional support to both internal and external customers.
- Follow all bank policies and procedures within the Operations Department to ensure compliance with all laws, regulations, and rules.
- Maintain records and reports per the retention schedule.
- Other tasks as assigned by manager.
- Associate degree in an Accounting or Business related field preferred
- Previous banking experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Computer skills necessary to operate software programs of the department.
- Strong numerical accuracy and problem solving skills.
- Knowledgeable of the bank’s retail products and policies in the Operations department.
- Ability to make good decisions under stress in a fast-paced environment.
- Capable of prioritizing decisions, projects and tasks in order to meet deadlines.
First National Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.